Recipe Box # 4 - Creamy Pasta With Tomatoes

This is a real Quick, Easy and Delicious Recipe and I absolutely love it. Cream cheese is a favorite and I like to add it to dishes to make them creamier and tastier. I usually have whipped cream cheese on hand which is easy to mix in any dish.

This was an "I'm hungry and have nothing to eat," creation. It was late and I had not eaten dinner and was roaming aimlessly back and forth to the kitchen. When, I get like this, either some fresh vegetables work for me or pasta and this night, it was pasta but I did have fresh tomatoes too.

Creamy Pasta with Tomatoes

Ingredients:

8 ounces small pasta such as elbows or shells  (gluten-free)

1 tablespoon margarine

2 ounces cream cheese

1 - 2 tablespoons cooking water

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)

2 slices of a large tomato, sliced

1 scallion, chopped

Method:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Drain, saving 1 or 2 tablespoons cooking water.

In serving bowl, put tomato and garlic plus margarine. Heat for 1 minute.

Add cream cheese, salt and pepper, minced garlic and scallion and heat for 30 seconds. You just want to warm the cream cheese.

Mix together pasta and cream cheese mix and cooking water. Pasta should be coated with cream cheese-margarine mixture.

Microwave for another minute so that everything is warm and then enjoy.

___________________________________________________________________________________
This makes a month of the Recipe Box and it feels right, thanks to you. There were many recipes, last week, I wanted to make and I am going to share a few with you. First, let's see who got the most clicks.

Summer Squash Pasta from Don't Waste the Crumbs came in first place and a delicious dish, she has to share. Take a look.






This is followed by Italian Zucchini Bake from Jam's Corner



Edible Bread Spoons from Life and Linda



Thirty Minute White Bread from Kitchen Flavours



Here are some of our desserts. Aren't they wonderful and there are more linked up which are equally as wonderful.





Thanks for your continued interest and support and wide array of goodies.  I hope you will link another recipe or article, this week.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya, thank you so much for the shout out on my bread spoons. I appreciate you featuring them. They are easy and great for appetizers and breakfast. Your pasta dish sounds so yummy. I love pasta. I just linked up another recipe. thanks your for hosting. have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Thanks so much for featuring my Italian Zucchini Bake! Your creamy pasta with tomatoes looks great! I will be pinning it to my food board. :)

    Have a great 4th!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Jam's Corner recommended your site... I'm your newest follower too. Hope you will stop by and see me too! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaya, Those are some tasty looking features! I have shared White Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Chaya! Thank you for featuring my White Bread!
    Your pasta with cream cheese looks delicious, I have never tried cream cheese in a pasta dish before, sounds good to me. My kids love anything cheezy and creamy, so they would really love this! Thanks for sharing!
    Will be linking something in my next post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chaya
    Thanks for this recipe! My other half(= husband) just looooooooooves pasta and it'll be interesting to try it with cream-cheese
    And of-course thank you(!) for featuring my Chocolate-chip CheeseCake

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful features, Chaya, and your recipe pasta recipe looks scrumptious. This week I have shared a Provencal Vegetable Bake. Thank you for hosting, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great featured recipes! Love your yummy creamy pasta as well!!!! Thanks for hosting and hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tasty looking round-up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for featuring my summer squash pasta Chaya! I love how you took a "nothing" night and turned it into something delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't use cream cheese in cooking near enough. I mostly just use it for baking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Creamy Pasta with Tomatoes sounds wonderful, Chaya! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Chaya,

    Thank you so much for featuring my Mille-Feuille and for hosting. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chaya, I've linked a cold beverage. Thank you for hosting! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning, Chaya! I brought some dessert to share! Wish you a great Sunday today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost